Friday, September 2, 2011

Comedy Gold, Medical Division

I actually got this email yesterday from Kaiser:

Dear Stephen:

Please accept this note as certification of the fact that you have a bona fide major mental illness, are on disability because of said mental illness, faithfully take major medication to control your symptoms, and will be in treatment with us for the forseeable future.

And may I add it is a great pleasure working with you.

Best wishes,

(doctor's signature removed)

Lord knows why they sent this to me. I know people think I'm crazy, but I never expected to see a howler like this in my email inbox. While it is funny in its way, it's also disturbing to think that my health insurance company apparently can't keep one patient straight with another. Especially the ones who have a "bona fide major mental illness." If I go in for a rectal exam, I wonder who will receive those results.

And by the way, how much of a great pleasure can it be working with someone who has a "bona fide major mental illness"? That cat's got some strange ideas about how he spends his joy time.

The delights that come from having a common name, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment