Saturday, November 5, 2011

Recommended Reading

I'm a regular reader of journalist Matt Taibbi's blog on Rolling Stone's website; I've just added a link to the blog in My Sausage Factory over on the right. I highly recommend reading Matt's stuff, especially for cut-through-the-bullshit insight on the misdeeds of the financial sector.

Taibbi also writes on politics in general, and has produced a couple of very informative--if not horrifying--profiles on a certain candidates for the presidency, including an excellent piece on the troglodytic Rick Perry. The money quote:
I can't believe it, and neither can the assembled crowd of Georgia conservatives, who hesitate before breaking into polite applause. I feel like a high school cheerleader who just had her leg jizzed on in the back of a convertible. That's it? It's over? That was Rick Perry's stump speech?
The whole article lays bare the wretchedness that is the current Governor of Texas. Be sure to read the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment