Monday, December 8, 2014

As If You Need More Things To Read...

For a long time now, I've had this idea about starting a blog. Not this blog, not blowing it up and starting all over again; I mean starting a different blog, something that had a different focus from my random musings about life, or what movie I just saw, etc. What I've been thinking about was a blog about sports, one where I dish out some brutal truth about the world of sports as I see it.

Well, I finally got around to getting that ball rolling. This past week I launched The Disgruntled Fan Report and posted the first essay, about the new college football playoff system. (For the record, I'm agin it!) Right now the site is in a most primitive state. I'm working on some banner art for the top of the page, to at least make things look distinctive. Right now it's a free site on WordPress's servers, but I'm expecting to eventually take it live on its own domain on its own hosting, which will help me gussy up the thing. For the moment, the chief focus is on grinding out copy.

I'm going to try to make this a weekly thing, a site where I issue at least one column per week on whatever seems to be the best topic out there at the moment. This will require a certain amount of discipline on my part--always a dicey prospect--and an ability to consistently come up with good ideas. I believe one idea a week is not too big a challenge; I've already written this coming week's piece, and the next week's work is now on the drawing board. I wrote commentaries on a similar schedule on my very first website back in the day, and that didn't run out of steam until well after a year, so I'm hopeful that the new project, with it's narrower focus (easier to stay current and relevant that way), will last at least that long. Hopefully, it will be a long-term thing--and maybe, just maybe, it will somehow grow into another career.

So if you've got a taste for some quality sports commentary, click on over to The Disgruntled Fan Report. I will greatly appreciate your patronage.

No comments:

Post a Comment