Sunday, July 26, 2015

For The Record, Scale Check

This picture is from last Tuesday morning, July 21st, so it's already out of date, and I probably have already gained back a few of these pounds. The big leap forward (or downward) resulted from a long weekend at Disneyland, which meant a LOT of walking around; hence the big four pound drop from the last low point. Interestingly, this experience reinforces my theory of the "vacation paradox"; while most folks gain weight when on vacation (assuming they do, or maybe they simply assume they do), I tend to lose weight when I'm away--probably because my vacations take me out of my all too familiar environment (including the bad habits of my normal space) and put me in a situation where I suddenly get a lot more exercise (be it hiking in the mountains, or footing it around the Disney parks for three days). So even with 5 days of eating little more than junk food, I still lost weight, and achieved my lowest reading yet. Fascinating stuff; let's see if I can make more of it happen down the road here, before summer is up and the fall weight gain commences.

No comments:

Post a Comment