Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Unverbal

I realized today that it had been a while since I posted here. No matter, really, since no one reads this. But this does exist as a record of my thoughts in time and place, so I might as well write something. And then, as I sat here, hands hovering over the keyboard, I realized that I couldn't think of anything to write about. (Except one thing, which would be a screed about one more of the indignities that are routinely dumped upon my head by life, but at the moment I choose not to vent about it.) Really, nothing to say, either about life in general, specific instances, what's going on now--nothing--or even the most banal observation about the 'dog days' of Summer having firmly landed upon the world with an unceremonious 'thud.' ('Dog days' of Summer being the wretched opposite of the much more delightful 'Cat Days of Christmas,' a concept of which I am the author. Check the archive.)

I have nothing to say. I am Unverbal. I am, as Lisa Simpson once famously noted, losing my perspicacity.

Part of a larger trend? The result of monotony, unemployment, consistent disappointments in a number of minuscule venues? I don't know, but it's a bit disturbing.

Then again, I at least had enough language bouncing around the cranium to write this post, about no being able to write a post--so perhaps there's no real problem at all.

Shrug. So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment