Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Search me?

I'm bitter. As usual. And, as usual, I'm bitter because something in this world does not do the very thing it says that it is going to do. Of course.

I'm talking about this blog. One of the reasons I started porting over my old blog's movie review pages was that I wanted to have that database of movie capsules available and--wait for it--searchable, something I did not have over on my own, self-produced web space. Blogger lets you add a search box to your site, and it states somewhere in the mumbo-jumbo that with the search field, the whole web including your own blog is then searchable. Except for the part where NO, IT'S NOT. I've had several of these Reel Reviews posts on this site for quite a few weeks now, perhaps even a couple of months in the earliest cases, and I still get no results if I search for anything from this site that's in those posts, namely film titles or specific actors and such.

This is for shit. It should not take so long for the contents of this or any other blog to be searchable via this host's own functions. They're queering my deal here. And making this whole exercise nothing more than a routine of navel gazing. Unacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment