Sunday, April 17, 2011

Incredible Shrinking Me

I should have posted this yesterday, but I'm miserable dealing with an ear infection, and I'm not much good for anything right now. Anyway, before going to the doctor yesterday I weighed myself: 294.5 pounds on the home scale. It's a digital scale, which are notoriously inaccurate, but in the doctor's office I tipped the scale at 297.5--fully clothed with shoes, etc. (vs. the naked just out of the shower weigh in at home). This confirmed the general accuracy of that 294.5 reading.

The significance of this is, my weight has not been this low since at least 2005, and probably more like late 2004. This is a substantial breakthrough, after a Winter of mostly static lack of movement. If the next couple of months go accordingly, I may soon see the happier side of 290.

Now if I can only get a damn job...

No comments:

Post a Comment